Sunday, November 28, 2010

Ice-skates for mom and me

Mom and I went to the annual Women's Holiday Bazaar a few weeks ago, and she fell in love with a upcycled ice-skate a vendor had for sale. She didn't buy it, but kept talking about it for days. Then, the next Saturday, I happened upon a pair of skates at the local thrift store for $5.00! So, I made her one (pictured above) and me one (pictured below). I didn't do step by step pictures of these because they were so simple. All you need is some craft foam, desired fillers, and pretty ribbons. I do wish these skates had been dainty and white, but for $5.00 I'm happy with them. Mom loved hers too!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this idea! I'm going to be on the lookout now for ice skates! I think they actually make leather paint...you might be able to make them white after all...

    ReplyDelete