Thursday, December 30, 2010

Man's Shirt into Sweet Skirt

Look who got a sewing machine for Christmas (thanks ma!) !! This was my first ever sewing product on a sewing machine (if you don't count the baby blanet I made in home-ec which said "Ashley" instead of "Baby" lol), so you know it was super easy to do.

Time: I don't really know because it took me half a day to set up my macnine

Supplies:
Man's shirt
sewing machine
ribbon

Steps:

1. Pick out a really cute handsome man's shirt (both the man and shirt should be handsome ;)
2. Cut the part under the pockets off


3. Unbutton it and lay a ribbon across the top brim, leaving about an inch "ruffle" at the top

4. Sew the ribbon on the shirt (I just did the top part of the ribbon only)

5. Sew the gaps in the shirt closed  as to not pull a Brittany
6. Tie it on and be sweet

I think it looks a lot like this one from Urban Outfitters:


4 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Love it! I must MUST learn to sew! :)

    Great blog you have here, too! I am always learning and looking for new ways to recycle/upcycle.

    Candice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It was much easier to learn the basics than I anticipated; give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuuute! I want to try this, but it'll probably look different since my man is significantly bigger than me, haha. Will let you know if I get a chance to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like yours better! (sorry urban outfitters)

    ReplyDelete