Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sweetheart Sweater Wreath

Looks like someone is getting in the Valentine's day mood a little early *hearts* :)
I really like how this little craft turned out because not only did I get to use up an old sweater, but I also got to try out my new pom-pom making skills!

Time: 1 hour

Supplies:
An old sweater (red or pink)
Scraps of white fabric
Wire clothes hanger
Craft wire
Scissors
Yarn


Steps:

1. Cut sleeves off of sweater and save them for another project (that to come later)

2. Cut other parts of the sweater into little squares and stack up in squares of 3
3. Cut white fabric into larger squares

 4. Slide fabric through end of wire to form this:
It's best to start in the middle and work your way up both ends
5. Gather in the middle and secure with craft wire
6. Puncture sweater pieces through clothes hanger on both sides of "flower"
7. Repeat pattern until you get to the end. Then, secure clothes hanger with craft wire.
8. Lastly, make two adorable pom-poms. I learned how to do this at Sweetie Pie Bakery. Follow link for simple instructions.

I used yarn for my hanger, but ribbon my look nicer

18 comments:

  1. Very cute. I have many old pieces of "why am I saving this" sweaters I could do this with. BTW, doesn't the sweater unravel like a son of a gun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Ha, I didn't have a bad case of the unravels, but I'm guessing more fragile sweaters would indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out completely gorgeous! Great upcycle for an old sweater, I love it. The heart shape is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the frame from the old hanger. I would have never thought of that. Love it! Thank you for linking up to http://tinyurl.com/upcycled31 if you have any more recycled/upcycled projects please link them up and let your friends know. I am trying to reach 100 upcycled projects this week and I would really appreciate you help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heya outstanding blog! Does running a blog like this take
    a lot of work? I've very little expertise in coding however I was hoping to start my own blog in the near future. Anyways, if you have any ideas or tips for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off topic nevertheless I just wanted to ask. Thanks a lot!

    Feel free to surf to my blog post ... http://www.cfnmfever.net/videos/His-Ass-Is-My-Target-FemDom-Threesome-Whips-799

    ReplyDelete