Saturday, January 8, 2011

Upcycled Candles

Well, I've been snowed in all day, so I thought these warm and cheery candles would be a perfect little project to do in between my scarf making (those pics to come later). I hate throwing away used-up candle holders see: Fire Place Candle, so I try to do different things with them.

Time: 10 minutes (plus drying time)
Supplies:
finished candles
used matches
battery powered tea lights
Used tea light (to use as place holder)
snow paint
glitter

Steps:


1. Let the last bit of wax melt

2. Put in the used tea light as a place holder then quickly place matches in front to it to resemble a campfire.
3. Let the wax harden then replace the used tea light with the battery powered one being careful not to disturb the matches

For the snow one also pictured, I just sprayed it with snow paint (1/2 off after Christmas!) and used ModPodge and glitter on the top.
They are quite cozy if I do say so myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment